(Includes HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support)
With instruction and practical training in line with legal, workplace and community considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies, this first aid course teaches the skills and knowledge to recognise emergencies and provide immediate and effective first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury.
The course covers assessing the casualty, providing safety, accessing emergency services, and using resources to provide first aid, such as providing CPR and using a defibrillator, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, assisting someone choking, using appropriate immobilisation techniques for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, managing casualties with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, the importance of the chain of survival, written and verbal reporting of incident details, reviewing incidents to improve own skills and response times, to recognise psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
This 100% Online course consists of an e-learning module, followed by a 'virtual classroom' assessment session. The virtual assessment session runs for approximately 2 hours.
There is a practical assessment (as per the unit of competency guidelines) of two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR performed on the floor. If you are physically incapable of performing CPR on the floor, please contact our staff for further information.
Assessment is conducted via a Zoom conference session with your instructor. All required equipment will be delivered to you prior to your assessment session, including:
- Laerdel Mini Anne - inflatable CPR training manikin with integrated adult/child compression clicker
- Simulated AED trainer with pads
- Epipen Adrenaline auto-injector training device
- Placebo asthma training puffer and spacer
- Crepe and triangular bandages
- First Aid Manual
- CPR Chart
- Your 'Statement of Attainment' after successful completion of your online assessment.
Students are able to keep all equipment after completing their assessment.
There is also a free instructional video, so after your course, your whole family can have a go, and learn CPR from the safety of your own home.
$225 HLTAID011 Provide First Aid Course (must complete online workbook)
2 Hours (approx.)
|Includes shipping of all training equipment anywhere in Australia|| |
If you would like to pay by invoice please contact us via email or phone to complete the booking.
This course is delivered and assessed by ACTWell First Aid & Training, on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
NATIONALLY RECOGNISED UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
- HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
To view full unit details please visit training.gov.au
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
The assessment runs for approximately 2 hours with a pre-course online requirement to be completed prior to the assessment.
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
CERTIFICATE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
The CPR (HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) component of this course is valid for 12 months and the HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and HLTAID011 Provide First Aid qualification expires after three (3) years